tideshift

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Kucinich in Newsweek

Interviewer: Short of winning, what are other goals you hope to achieve with your bid? Do you hope to influence the candidates to move in your direction?

Kucinich: It must be very difficult to be in a situation where you’re called upon to determine here in February who the next president’s going to be and then who it’s important to talk to and who it’s not important to talk to. Let me explain something. Since you called me, and you’ve given me this time, which I’m grateful for, I’m going to tell you that I expect to be elected. And I expect to be elected because people will learn that I’ve been right all along and that I’ve stood for the truth. I’m not a rookie in politics. Because I’ve been doing this for a while, I understand that ideas sometimes take awhile to catch hold. But I will tell you that the idea of peace is the most powerful idea in America today…. I think that we’re in a whole new era where we need to pursue human relations as a science and stop using deadly force to try to change things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home