tideshift

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Earth Ball

A couple of weeks ago, I found out that the soldier son of one of the teachers at my son's elementary school gave an assembly last year; he talked to the children about what it's like to live and fight in Iraq. Two teachers have sons in or returned from Iraq, that I know of, and I stare at both of those teachers, and the photos of their sons on the school walls, and wonder what it must be like to live with that kind of fear, and how those parents might feel about pacifists.

A couple of years ago, I got a 1970s game book out of the local library, all about the Earth Ball, and non-violent games large groups can play.

So I'm thinking of donating an Earth Ball, and a game book to the school, and of writing a pacifist assembly presentation, all about Jesus, Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, Dorothy Day, Cindy Sheehan, and a few others. Not too many. Just enough to get the idea across.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home