tideshift

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Suppers Made Simple

I should have a little more time for writing over the next month. I went to a meal preparation place today, called Suppers Made Simple. It was excellent. In two hours, I put together 12 dinners with about 8 servings each (since my husband and I don't eat big portions).

Deb, the owner, did all the meal planning, shopping, chopping, dicing, shredding, and a lot of the measuring, and went around cleaning up all the dishes I made. Then I brought them all home to freeze until I want to cook them. We had the turkey meatloaf tonight, and it was very tasty.

Deb said people come in groups, bringing wine for Girls Night Out cooking parties, or to entertain business clients. She even does birthday parties for kids, icing cookies and making pizza. Very cool.

I figure it'll save me at least 12 hours of work per week, maybe as many as 20. Some of that will go to a job search, but the rest will be more available for reading! and thinking! and writing!

Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home