tideshift

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Labor Pains of a Stillborn Foreign Policy

"...the birth pangs of a new Middle East," according to Condoleezza Rice.

I think it's all part of the birth pangs of a new global unraveling and reknitting, and the new creation is going to sweep away Rice, Bush, Olmert, heads of state, fomentors of terror and titans of death-dealing industry everywhere. They are so completely unaware of the evolutionary fed-up-ed-ness rumbling right under their isolated little noses.

The mother of one of the kidnapped Israeli soldiers is a pacifist (of all things!) publicly decrying all war on behalf of all mothers.

Malka Goldwasser: "I am a mother, and as a mother, I don't want war. I have three sons, I want to have my three sons at home, I want to be able to raise them, I want to have grandchildren - I simply want to have a normal life. I say no to war, and I am certain that there are many Lebanese who think the same thing. The question needs to be asked of someone else - all I am, is a mother and I don't want war." http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/07/27/1423230

Labor pains indeed. Childless Condi knows nought of these things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home